Welcome to the wonderful world of owning a Mason Farms Labrador!!
We are so happy you have decided to become part of our family by adding a new puppy to yours! Our lines go back to some of the most well known kennels in the world. Through the years we have practiced selective breeding which has produced puppies with not only a wonderful temperament, sound genetics & working ability, but also the good looks of a beautiful Labrador. We are very proud of our dogs & we are on our 3rd, 4th & even 5th generations in some of our lines. All of our dogs are AKC registered and all our parents come from CH English and CH working lineage. We compete our dogs in both hunt tests and in the show ring to keep them truly dual purpose types of dogs.
- Puppies are picked in the order deposits are received which we will start going through our waiting list and posting the order after we start posting the puppies on the page. We have our waiting list posted on our Planned Litters page as well. Sometimes people choose right away from pictures or the videos that are posted on our website and facebook & you are welcome to do that when it's your turn to choose. I also have no problems sending individual videos of the pups for the people that are transporting their puppy. For the ones that are able to visit, we let the babies leave at 8 weeks of age. We start scheduling days and times when they are 7 weeks of age and in the order of the picking so when you visit, you see the babies that you get to choose from. The babies will start leaving after their 8 week old monthlies are done and vet check up. We ask also that you please do not visit with any other kennels prior to visiting ours. We take great care in protecting our babies when they are this young. We also update the website as the picking starts and place the name of the puppy decided beside the new families name to keep everyone in the loop with who is still available.
- Final payment for the puppy is due at pickup. The final payment will need to be paid in cash or credit card or you can choose to pay online the balance or mail in a check prior to pick up time. We have Venmo as well under @Mason-Farms.
- You will receive a take home packet when you pick up your new baby. It comes with a really nice pet travel bag and weeks supply of food, collar, leash, micro chip tag, toys, treats, training chews, biscuits, blanket, food scoop, poop bags and a 12 day supply of the Nu Vet vitamins along with their Fidovite supplement. Will also have AKC registration papers, copy of heath guarantee, check list, parents pedigree and form to register your microchip. I will walk you through everything at the time of pick up.
- We have a Facebook page. You can find it under the name Mason Farms. I post pictures and videos on there as I can so you can have a chance to see more updates on all of the babies. :) We post group videos of the babies playing when they are young and before they leave we will post individual videos of them.
Your puppy has an AKC registration application, AKC does charge $30 to record your dog's name in their record books.
When you register your puppy with the AKC you will receive:
- A frameable AKC registration certificate & your dog's name is recorded in the AKC registry.
- Complimentary 30 day trial AKC Pet Healthcare Plan.
- A certificate for a complimentary first vet office visit.
- Eligibility to participate in AKC events.
All puppies come with a limited registration (no breeding rights) full registration is sometimes available for an additional fee. If you are considering full registration, please let me know asap. Click here for more information on full & limited registrations.
We use the AKC REUNITE PREPAID microchip. After you get your puppy home please transfer the chip to your name, just visit their website & choose the option enroll today, https://www.akcreunite.org/cares-pub/ind/individualEnrollment.car , it is PREPAID so there will be no charge to transfer the chip unless you want to order the stainless steel collar tag which is an option for an additional fee of $6.95 (see pic below). From there you can set up an account and add all your information. It will ask for your veterinarians information so make sure you have that handy before you log on. If you have any questions or need any help, please don't hesitate to ask.
NuVet Plus is not just a vitamin. It's an immune system builder with a precise balance of vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, amino acids and high-potency antioxidants. That's why it works so well through all three stages of a dog?s life.
As an added bonus we will extend your puppy's health warranty to 36 months for those that choose to purchase NuVet vitamins using our Order Code 18393. When you use our code for ordering, the company will send me a monthly email with the list of names who has used the code so we know who is on our three year guarantee.
- For younger dogs (under 2 years old), it strengthens their immune system, while building and strengthening the cardiovascular, skeletal and nerve systems.
- For dogs in their prime (age 2-8), it improves the luster of their skin and coat while protecting against allergies, skin and coat problems, staining from tears, digestive problems, etc.
- For older dogs (over 8 years old), it helps reduce and eliminate arthritis, tumors, premature aging, cataracts, heart conditions, diabetes and many types of cancer, while extending the life and improving the vitality of most dogs.
You may order directly from the manufacturer by calling 1-800-474-7044 and using Order Code: 18393, or ordering online at www.nuvet.com/18393 . By using auto ship you can save an additional 15%.
Set your dog up on a feeding schedule. Feed at or as close to the same time every day. Put the food bowl down for 10-15 minutes. When the time is up, take the food up. Your puppy is eating 2 times a day, 6:00 am & 6:00 pm. When your puppy leaves, they will be eating 1 cup each feeding. Success is a clean bowl. Use the guide on the back of your dog food bag to know how much is recommended for your dog each day, keep in mind the amount of food will need to increase as your dog gets older & during a growth spurt time.
Right now your puppy is eating TLC All Life Stages Dog Food which can be ordered below with the link to get a coupon.
What Food Should You Feed Your Puppy?
Choosing the right food to feed your new puppy is crucial to their overall health and well-being and something that should be done with careful thought and consideration.
This is one of the many reasons why we choose to feed our dogs and proudly recommend TLC All Life Stages Dog Food. Delivering the ultimate balance of quality meats, animal fats, vitamins and minerals, TLC All Life Stages Dog Food provides everything your puppy needs to develop into a strong, healthy and energetic dog.
For a complete list of ingredients and how they benefit your puppy please visit:
Why Choose TLC Pet Food?
- Premium quality pet food, made using wholesome, natural ingredients
- Delivered fresh and delivered FREE to your door
- No risk, money-back guarantee
- Schedule using Auto ship and never worry about running out of food!
Some things to get that may help get you started for your new one :)
SHAMPOO: We use the Isle of Dogs shampoo on our adults and puppies. They have a tear free version as well. Their freshening sprays are wonderful as well and they can all be bought on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Isle-Dogs-Tearless-Shampoo-Sulfate/dp/B008672962/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=isle+of+dogs+shampoo&qid=1596639549&sr=8-2
DRYING TOWEL: Soggy doggy super shammy microfiber chenile drying towel & it works great! This is a direct link to Amazon for more information.
Training Treats: We use a lot of the bone treats from TLC. Your puppy will also come with a small bag of them as well as a carton of small soft training treats to get you started. Here is the link to the other training treats that we like to use that we send home with them as well. I like these best cut in 4's for the pups as it makes them last longer and doesn't fill them up too fast. Then when they get older the size is great. Amazon.com : Hollywood Stars Dog Treats Liver 4.0 OZ(Pack of 3) : Pet Supplies
Crates: Here is a link for a great size crate for your new pup. Getting a crate with a divider in it to grow with the pup is a wonderful way to start them off. This one also comes with the crate cover, bed and bowls already so a great starter kit for you. https://www.amazon.com/iCrate-Starter-42-Inch-BREEDS-Weighing/dp/B07D1YWGVL/ref=sr_1_5?crid=QFPLNN2P236V&dchild=1&keywords=midwest+dog+crate+42+inch&qid=1596641063&s=pet-supplies&sprefix=42+inch+midwest+%2Cpets%2C166&sr=1-5
Chews: Every puppy loves having something to chew on. We find that the kong is a great addition as you can put peanut butter in them and put it in the crate to give the baby something to do while they are getting used to their new bed and when being alone. https://www.amazon.com/KONG-Medium-Puppy-Teething-toy/dp/B00Q2QK3EE/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=puppy+kong&qid=1596640612&s=pet-supplies&sr=1-4
The puppies also come home with two of the prime bones that they love so much. It is a great treat to give them for crate training as it lasts a long time and helps entertain them when crated. Amazon.com : Purina Prime Bones Dog Bone, Made in USA Facilities, Natural Medium Dog Treats, Filled Chew With Pasture-Fed Bison - 22.6 Oz. Pouch, Medium Filled Chew, Brown, 6 Count Pouch : Pet Supplies
VACCINATIONS ~ Your puppy will receive it's first of a series of 4 puppy shots. You will have a more detailed health record in your puppy packet. Please check with your vet for their opinion on vaccinations, & set up a schedule for your new puppy. This is the schedule we follow, we do a 4 week old parvo vaccine and then they will get their 7 week all in one vaccine but they will still need boosters.
DEWORMING ~ Your puppy has been dewormed with pyrantel at 2, 4 and 6 weeks of age along with a three day Panacur treatment before they go into new homes at 8 weeks of age. Each time your puppy receives a vaccination they will need to be dewormed as well at your vet as they will tell you,
HEARTWORM PREVENTION ~ Please consult your vet for their recommendation for heartworm prevention. We use heart gard and your puppy will have its first month prevention already done at 7 weeks old.
FLEA/TICK PREVENTION ~ Please consult your vet for their recommendation for flea/tick prevention. We use & recommend Bravecto chewables and love how they work for three months. It is what we use on all of our adult dogs.
Certain foods and household products can be dangerous to dogs!
It's only natural for dogs to be curious. But their curiosity can get them into trouble when they get into areas where you store household items such as
medicine and detergents. Many common household items that you use everyday can be harmful, and sometimes even lethal, to your dog.
Foods that are harmful to your dog:
May cause vomiting, abdominal pain, and/or diarrhea:
May cause varied reactions:
Tomato and potato leaves and stems
Onions and onion powder
Pear and peach kernels
Mushrooms (if also toxic to humans)
Common household items that are harmful to your dog:
Antifreeze and other car fluids
Bleach and cleaning fluids
Nail polish and remover
Prescription and non-prescription medicine
Snail or slug bait
Symptoms of possible poisoning are: vomiting, diarrhea, difficult breathing, abnormal urine
(color, aroma or odor, frequency, etc.), salivation, weakness. If your dog should ingest
harmful chemicals, contact a veterinarian or poison control center immediately.