Welcome to the wonderful world of owning a Mason Farms Labrador!!
We are so happy you have decided to become part of our family by adding a new puppy to yours! Our lines go back to some of the most well known kennels in the world. Through the years we have practiced selective breeding which has produced puppies with not only a wonderful temperament, sound genetics & working ability, but also the good looks of a beautiful Labrador. We are very proud of our dogs & we are on our 3rd, 4th & even 5th generations in some of our lines. All of our dogs are AKC registered and all our parents come from CH English and CH working lineage.
- Puppies are picked in the order deposits are received. Sometimes people choose right away from pictures, & you are welcome to do that when it's your turn to choose. For the ones that need to visit, you can plan to come after the puppies are 6 weeks old, we do not allow visitors to touch the puppies until the puppies receive their first initial 6 week old vaccine for complete protection. Puppies can go home at 7 weeks, but no later than 9 weeks (unless other arrangements are made). After 9 weeks you will incur a $10 per day boarding fee.
- Final payment for the puppy is due at pickup. The final payment will need to be paid in cash or credit card or you can choose to pay online the balance or mail in a check prior to pick up time.
- You will receive a take home packet when you pick up your new baby. It comes with some food, collar, leash, micro chip tag, toys, treats, blanket, probiotics to help keep their tummy settled and a 6 day supply of the Nu Vet vitamins. Will also have AKC registration papers, copy of parents' pedigrees and clearances and some information printed to help you get started with your new baby.
- We have a Facebook page. You can find it under the name “Mason Farms”. I post pictures and videos on there as I can so you can have a chance to see more updates on all of the babies. :)
Your puppy has an AKC registration application, AKC does charge $30 to record your dog's name in their record books.
When you register your puppy with the AKC you will receive:
- A frameable AKC registration certificate & your dog's name is recorded in the AKC registry.
- Complimentary 30 day trial AKC Pet Healthcare Plan.
- A certificate for a complimentary first vet office visit.
- Eligibilty to participate in AKC events.
All puppies come with a limited registration (no breeding rights) full registration is sometimes available for an additional fee. If you are considering full registration, please let me know asap. Click here for more information on full & limited registrations.
We use the AKC REUNITE PREPAID microchip. After you get your puppy home please transfer the chip to your name, just visit their website & choose the option enroll today, https://www.akcreunite.org/cares-pub/ind/individualEnrollment.car , it is PREPAID so there will be no charge to transfer the chip unless you want to order the stainless steel collar tag which is an option for an additional fee of $6.95 (see pic below). From there you can set up an account and add all your information. It will ask for your veterinarians information so make sure you have that handy before you log on. If you have any questions or need any help, please don't hesitate to ask.
NuVet Plus is not just a vitamin. It’s an immune system builder with a precise balance of vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, amino acids and high-potency antioxidants. That’s why it works so well through all three stages of a dog’s life.
As an added bonus we will extend your puppy's health warranty to 36 months for those that choose to purchase NuVet vitamins using our Order Code 18393. When you use our code for ordering, the company will send me a monthly email with the list of names who has used the code so we know who is on our three year guarantee.
- For younger dogs (under 2 years old), it strengthens their immune system, while building and strengthening the cardiovascular, skeletal and nerve systems.
- For dogs in their prime (age 2-8), it improves the luster of their skin and coat while protecting against allergies, skin and coat problems, staining from tears, digestive problems, etc.
- For older dogs (over 8 years old), it helps reduce and eliminate arthritis, tumors, premature aging, cataracts, heart conditions, diabetes and many types of cancer, while extending the life and improving the vitality of most dogs.
NuVet Plus will keep your pet on the path to perfect health! It’s not available in stores, and is only available to the general public with an order code from an authorized pet professional.
You may order directly from the manufacturer by calling 1-800-474-7044 and using Order Code: 18393, or ordering online at www.nuvet.com/18393 . By using autoship you can save an additional 15%.
Set your dog up on a feeding schedule. Feed at or as close to the same time every day. Put the food bowl down for 10 minutes. When the 10 minutes is up, take the food up. Your puppy is eating 2 times a day, 7:00 am & 6:00 pm. Start with 1/2 cup of food (I do add just a splash of water to the food), if the puppy eats it all within a couple minutes you can increase the amount by 1/4th cup. Success is a clean bowl. Use the guide on the back of your dog food bag to know how much is recommended for your dog each day, keep in mind the amount of food will need to increase as your dog gets older & during a growth spurt time.
Right now your puppy is eating Fromm Heartland Gold Large Breed puppy food I order from chewy.com I do have 4 lb bags of this food available for $15, please let me know ahead of time if you would like to purchase it & I will have it ready for you. I will send home a quart size bag of food with your new puppy.
We have done a lot of research on puppy food & I feel like Fromm is a very good choice, they are family owned & operated, click here to read about their history. Here is a link to their website to see if there is a retailer near you,
Remember changing your dog's diet needs to be done slowly over time and if you decide to use a different type of food, please consider the quality of the food first.
Note: Prices on chewy.com are subject to change without notice.
SHAMPOO: This is the puppy shampoo we use & recommend, GNC puppy shampoo with a raspberry scent. This is a direct link to PetSmart for more information.
I have also used this shampoo for when your dog is older & needs a deep down cleaning, it has a tropical scent. EQyss Premier Pet Shampoo This is a direct link to Amazon for more information.
DRYING TOWEL: Soggy doggy super shammy microfiber chenile drying towel & it works great! This is a direct link to Amazon for more information.
VACCINATIONS ~ Your puppy will receive it's first of a series of 4 puppy shots. You will have a more detailed health record in your puppy packet. Please check with your vet for their opinion on vaccinations, & set up a schedule for your new puppy. This is the schedule we follow, 6, 9, 12 & 16 weeks.
DEWORMING ~ This puppy has been dewormed with pyrantel at 2 & 4 weeks of age. Each time your puppy receives a vaccination they will need to be dewormed as well. We do a three day preventative treatment of Panacur at 6 weeks.
HEARTWORM PREVENTION ~ Please consult your vet for their recommendation for heartworm prevention. We use heart gard and your puppy will have its first month prevention already done.
FLEA/TICK PREVENTION ~ Please consult your vet for their recommendation for flea/tick prevention. We use & recommend Bravecto.